Happy Friday awesome marketer, does you remember people losing their likes a few months back for 24 hours? Well, the ones who did lose them, went above and beyond to let us know.
It may have been a bug at the time, but it was in preparation for something bigger, as Instagram chief Adam Mosseri has confirmed the launch of a new test that will enable IG users to choose whether they display post Like counts or not.
“Last year we started hiding like counts for a small group of people to see if it lessens some pressure when posting to Instagram. Some found this helpful and some still wanted to see like counts, in particular to track what’s popular. So we’re testing a new option that lets you decide the experience that’s best for you — whether that’s choosing not to see like counts on anyone else’s posts, turning them off for your own posts, or keeping the original experience.”
What will this mean for marketers? In the meantime, I have big news for you.
We're adding a brand new weekly episode to the podcast - our weekly Clubhouse chat is coming to the Alt Marketing School after loads of messages about wanting to make my chats with Rebecca available on demand 🎙 Just make sure you are subscribed to the podcast to get your weekly report on Monday!
Let's get right into some goodness 👇
LATEST PODCAST EPISODE 🎙
In this episode, we have a close look at impact marketing, making a difference and making a positive change with Mindy Morgan Avitia.
With strong values of authenticity, justice, and creativity she brings a breadth of community and social impact experience to her work. She’s passionate about authentic storytelling, listening deeply, and finding the truth.
NEWS IN BRIEF
- 🔥 Ready to get ‘Sparked’? This new app, which requires a Facebook profile to create an account, is developed by the company’s NPE Team. It will enable users to hold 4-minute video chats with potential matches in order to better decide on their suitability before moving forward.
- 👔 LinkedIn has added some new job title options to help users address career gaps in their profiles, while also making some changes to how freelance positions are listed, in order to make it easier for users to provide transparency in their professional experience.
- 📲 PearPop is an app allowing users to pay TikTok influencers to collaborate on content, and the company is angling to expand to Instagram, Triller, and more.
- 📣In a recent report, Kantar found ads on TikTok are seen as more inspiring, trendsetting, and enjoyable than on other platforms. Kantar found that TikTok’s Branded Hashtag Challenge could even surpass iconic TV moments in reach and engagement.
- 💬 They disappeared temporarily last mont, but Instagram likes may be going for good. Instagram chief Adam Mosseri has confirmed the launch of a new test that will enable IG users to choose whether they display post Like counts or not.
- 🎧 The audio marketing obsession is not looking to stop anytime soon. According to new reports, Reddit’s currently testing its own take on audio social, with audio rooms within subreddits.
- 🥑 The Rock's Teremana tequila dishes out free guac to support local eateries. The brand launched an initiative that will reimburse consumers who purchase guacamole from local restaurants.
- 🍨 How does Ben & Jerrys craft strong social media messaging? Find out in this 16-minute video interview, in which the company’s head of social activism strategy and global social mission officer say nothing will change without a strong point of view.
How does Clubhouse and social audio fit into the marketing mix?Clubhouse may be close to addressing a key limitation in its growth, with its Android app now progressing, which would open up the app to a whole range of potential new users.
Learn how audio marketing is taking over across all platforms, and why it matters. With a few tips on how to use audio for yourself, this guide reflects on the sudden shifts that have happened in the industry.
BOOKMARK OF THE WEEK 👇
Align your team by setting collaborative goals that you can easily measure, track, and keep top of mind. Become a high-performance team with Soapbox goals. Need inspiration setting Social Media Manager goals? Check out the examples below to get started.