Happy Friday awesome marketer. I've been doing some soul searching recently, and have decided to slightly downsize the number of weekly podcasts to be able to reclaim some of my time. I know, the irony hey.
You can expect weekly marketing soundbites with me and Becca, as well as bi-weekly episodes with experts. As I am now outlining the next steps for Alt Marketing School and working hard with the teachers to move to the next phase, being more efficient is going to be key.
In the meantime, Pinterest is no longer wanting people to think about it as a social network. So much so that its new feature has now been rebranded as "Idea Pins".
Pinterest and e-commerce? Exciting changes can be spotted ahead.
ps. Have you checked out my latest book, Reclaim your Time Off? You can get your copy here.
PODCAST EPISODE SPOTLIGHT 🎙
Podcasts are awesome - but then, you could say we are biased - yet we know that in order to grow your podcast collaborations are key. Fab talks to Davine from Audry about growing your audience and setting up powerful systems to reach your podcast goals. We discuss why it's important to make connections, and access the tools to take your podcast journey to the next level.
NEWS IN BRIEF
- 🛒 Nice move Pinterest. As social networks evolve, their focus changes. Pinterest realized that it has more in common with e-commerce businesses than with social media, and now it’s announcing that it will no longer call its Stories clone ‘Stories’. “Idea pins” will now be the new name for this feature.
- 🚨 Between June 8th and 10th, Instagram will be hosting a number of Live sessions on their @creators account where you’ll learn how to successfully build your brand on Instagram. From myth-busting the algorithm to how to monetize and pitch yourself to brands, you’ll get the inside scoop to make the most of the platform.
- 💰 According to a new finding by app researcher Jane Manchun Wong, Twitter will soon look to launch ‘Twitter Blue’, which will enable users to pay a fee of $2.99 per month. Are people willing to pay for something that has historically been free?
- 🎧 Whilst Instagram is looking to add new desktop posting options, both for feed posts and IGTV, Facebook’s new audio social options look set to shake up the audio trend with the company now launching the first public test of its recently announced audio tools with users in Taiwan.
- 🎥 As reported by TechCrunch, Pinterest will host a three-day virtual event, featuring a range of live-streamed sessions from creators and celebrities, which will be made available directly in the Pinterest app.
- 🛍️ Facebook is taking the next step in its evolving eCommerce push with the introduction of a new “Live Shopping Fridays” series. Starting this week and every Friday through July 16, the platform will host live-streamed shopping experiences, in conjunction with selected retailers, that will invite viewers to ask questions about products, and make purchases, all in-stream.
- 💆♀️ Gillette Venus has released a song and animated video on Instagram, TikTok and YouTube to promote its new Venus for Pubic Hair & Skin Collection. “The Pube Song” aims to normalize and destigmatize female pubic grooming due to consumer insights based on Venus users and buyers.
MARKETING GUIDE 👇
Sprout Social has published its latest report of the best times to post to each of the major social media platforms, which is based on the company's 20,000+ customer base, who use the platform to schedule and post online. Loads of interesting findings, however, my favourite was seeing that the top times to post on Instagram expanded in 2020 compared to previous years showing a major shift in usage.
BOOKMARK OF THE WEEK 👇
Fan of Canva and looking to focus on all of your marketing efforts in one place? *drumroll please* 🥁 You can now share posts to Instagram with Content Planner. Design with the freshest templates, plan your content calendar, and then schedule your posts — all with Canva Pro.