Emoji lovers rejoice. The draft list for the next emoji release is now out, awesome marketer.
Notable mentions include consistent gender options for pregnancy and royalty, ‘heart hands’, 25 different handshake combinations, saluting face, biting lip, coral and a low battery. These are currently draft candidates for the next emoji release Emoji 14.0.
I know I should not be THIS excited by this. However, as a lover of emojis, I cannot wait to see what comes out next. Do you have a favourite emoji? Let me know 😉
Don't forget we have kicked off week one of our crowdfunding campaign, every mention, share, pledge will help us getting closer to turn the certification into reality 👏
|SUPPORT OUR CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN|
CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN SPOTLIGHT 👇
DIY PR for founders & startups by friends of the school at No Agency Method. No more PR agencies and no more mysteries around PR - everything you need to know to succeed is in this course. Remember, you can do your PR better than anyone else ever could. You'll also get a discount for sponsoring upcoming sessions and workshops.
|SUPPORT OUR CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN|
NEWS IN BRIEF
- ✈️ Remember Fleets, Twitter story-like features? Well, the platform has announced that it’s retiring Fleets, its own take on the Stories format, after less than a year of its existence. The good news is that even Twitter sees the irony of it.
- 📊 TikTok was once again the most downloaded non-gaming app in June 2021, according to the latest data from Sensor Tower. The app has held onto the top spot for basically all of the past 18 months, with the only two exceptions being November last year, when WhatsApp briefly re-took the top spot, and January this year, when Telegram saw a sudden download surge.
- 📣 Remember Clubhouse? Yeah, it’s still a thing. Clubhouse downloads have slowed significantly since its early boom, so the app is trying something new. This week, the app has partnered with TED to share exclusive content from TED’s roster of thought leaders and experts, which could help to keep users coming back to the app. TED is hosting a series of rooms via their official Clubhouse Club to try and resurge excited from the app.
- 🌟 Facebook’s Vice President, Ads & Business Products Dan Levy has provided a new overview of its evolving business focus and the key elements that Facebook’s looking to maximize as it continues to build for the next generation of user behaviours.
- 🔎 Facebook’s Vice President, Ads & Business Products Dan Levy has provided a new overview of its evolving business focus and the key elements that Facebook’s looking to maximize as it continues to build for the next generation of user behaviours. We’ll see a conscious focus on boosting small businesses specifically, as well as e-commerce and providing new tools for businesses beyond marketing.
- ♻️ Instagram is launching a new test of a ‘Re-Share’ sticker for Instagram Stories, which will enable people to re-share feed posts that they’ve recently viewed in the app via a new, dedicated sharing format, as opposed to simply re-pasting the entire feed post into a Stories frame.
PODCAST EPISODE SPOTLIGHT 🎙
Say hello to one of our amazing Alt Marketing School teachers, the awesome strategist Ren. It was a pleasure to talk to her about leadership, setting expectations with clients, the role of purpose in marketing and so much more.
We even go down memory lane exploring how we met, the way she brought leadership into the Alt Marketing School curriculum and why failure is something we need to make more space for.
|LISTEN TO THE EPISODE|